Tuesday, February 28, 2006

New contact info for Dan

*
Thursday will be my last day at City Hall.

After that I enter the twilight zone of the charmingly named 'terminal leave' -- meaning using up my unused sick time as per the City's agreement with its unions -- and accrued vacation time, with an actual retirement date of 5/31/2006.

Please change my contact information as follows:
Add as only email: dandamon@comcast.net
As of Thursday, the following City contact information should be deleted:
Dan Damon
Public Information Officer
City of Plainfield (NJ)
info.plainfield@verizon.net
(908) 226-4905 voice
(908) 963-5142 cell
Answers to some questions I have been asked recently:

Q: Who do I contact at City Hall regarding press or public information matters?
A: No decision has been made to replace me with a person with these duties. Queries should be addressed to the Mayor's office, (908) 753-3227.
Q: Will you be leaving the area?
A: Absolutely not. I'm in the process of re-establishing old relationships with individuals and organizations that were put aside for the years that I served as the City's spokesperson. I recently joined the Chamber of Commerce, and look forward to many more years of active service to the community.
Q: How can you be retiring, you're not old enough!
A: The State has set up a special 'Junior Retirement Program.' Anyone who is at least 39 years of age and has 40 years of service is qualified. In Plainfield, each year of service counts for five calendar years, so I am qualified to retire at the young age of 39. Along with Jack Benny.
Q: Would you considering running for public office?
A: An interesting idea, but I really haven't given it any thought.
-- Dan Damon
Keywords: Retirement
*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your retirement
from public service at City Hall.

I look forward to working with you
in the community, where your skills
will be appreciated and honored even more.

Minister Geri Agurs
Shiloh Baptist Church