Sunday, February 19, 2006

Using blogs: Posting a comment

*









Many, if not most, blogs are set up to encourage readers to post comments and give feedback.

Plainfield Today and the Plainfield Plaintalker both allow comments, though in different ways. Clippings, since it only contains links to online articles is not set up to receive comments.



Posting a comment to Plainfield Today is elegantly simple. Just click on the comments link at the bottom of the post and fire away.


You may disclose your name and/or email address if you wish, but you do not need to. I would be delighted if people feel free to do so, but can understand some may wish not to, or may wish not to on a particular topic.

Once you finish the comment, hit 'submit.' The comment is forwarded to me as an email. After I review it -- mostly for naughty words -- it is either posted or rejected.

One caveat, though: watch your spelling! I can post or reject, but I cannot correct lapses in grammar or misplaced fingers on the keyboard. What you type is what we all will get!

Until I start my 'terminal leave' on March 2nd, all corres- pondence sits in my inbox until I get home in the evening and have some supper. So, if you wonder what's happened to your comment, check back in the evening. The time lag should be shorter when my time is my own.

Commenting on Plainfield Plaintalker is different and more restricted. In order to post on Bernice and Barbara's blog, one must register as a blog member, which involves giving your email address, though there is freedom to craft a username of one's own choosing. Even though a person registers, though, the comments are (I believe) still subject to review and/or rejection.

I hope readers will feel free to join in with comments and turn Plainfield Today into a conversation -- for and about Plainfield.

Other posts on USING BLOGS are:

"Understanding Permalinks"


"Searching a blog, or all blogs"

"Emailing posts to a friend"

-- Dan Damon
Keywords: Blogs, comments

No comments: